WICKTEK is a company that formulates, manufactures and
sells technologically advanced products that are used to enhance and improve a wide range of building materials.
Its revolutionary DensiCrete product increases the strength and durability of concrete, limestone, brick,
stucco, plaster and other cementitious materials.
In addition, WICKTEK
has tested products for enhancing and preserving wood and for
improving drywall seams. To view these products, please go to the WICKTEK
website by pressing the following button.
WICKTEK is also an
environmentally conscientious company producing zero VOC products for most
of its customers. In this website, WICKTEK is now pleased
to present one of those zero VOC products called DensiCrete.
penetrates concrete or any other cementitious materials (stucco, gunnite, plaster, limestone,
etc.) and forms calcium silicate. Seals micro cracks and waterproofs the cementitious matrix.
will displace and/or push out to the surface, oils, salts, chlorides, carbon
based fluids, chewing gum, beer, soft drink spills and iron oxide caused by corroding rebar.
a water seal, increases both compressive and flexural strength, densifies concrete and improves freeze-thaw resistance.
As it displaces foreign materials from the matrix, it cleans and restores a surface to a near original/new appearance.
has had the following tests performed on it prior
to it being deemed acceptable by the Department of Transportation of Pennsylvania (PENNDOT).
Highly regarded independent testing laboratories performed numerous tests to determine how DensiCrete increases concrete density, flexural strength
and compression strength. Following are the tests completed: Compression and Flexure Tests ASTM-C42; Freeze/Thaw
Tests ASTM-C666; Carbonation Testing and Chloride Ion tests AASHTO T-259 and AASHTO T-260.
ALL TESTS WERE COMPLETED WITH
is designed to solve problems such as:
- Deterioration in concrete pavement and structures
- Poor quality or under cured concrete
- Dusting, pitting, & rutting
- Helps hold patches onto repaired concrete
- To extend the useful life of concrete by increasing resistance to:
- Chloride damage
- Carbonation damage
- Water damage
- Heavy traffic
primary ingredients and characteristics are:
- Primary Ingredient: Sodium Silicate
- Additives: Proprietary wetting and dispersion agents
- Base Solution: Water
- Color and Consistency: Opaque and water like
- Application: To both new and existing concrete surfaces
- Key Competitive Features:
- Deeply penetrating
- pH - approximately 11
- Non toxic
- Won't wear off
- No annual or routine re-treatments required
effects on concrete:
- Creates a water seal and still allows concrete to breathe and remain hydrated
- Seals micro-cracks
- Densifies concrete
- Stops carbonation penetration and damage
- Significantly retards chloride penetration and damage
- Removes chlorides from existing concrete
- Improves freeze-thaw resistance
- Nontoxic & environmentally friendly
- Increases compressive and flexural strength
- Protects rebar from corrosion
- Retards dusting, pitting, and rutting
- Evacuates greases and oils
- Accelerates curing of freshly finished concrete
has had the following tests completed to date:
- ASTM #C-42 Compressive
and Flexure Strength (normal strength concrete)
- Compressive: 29% increase to 4,740 PSI
- Flexure: 28% increase to 543 PSI
- ASTM #C-666
Freeze Thaw - Test stopped at 300 cycles
- Carbonation Test -
Estimated 10 year exposure rate
- Treated sample: No penetration
- Untreated sample: Over 1/2 inch
- AASHTO T- 260 Chloride
Evacuation Test - Evacuated Over 50% of Total Chlorides
- AASHTO T-259 - Chloride
Ion Penetration Test
- Treated sample: 1.85lbs/cubic yard
- Untreated sample: 28.85lbs/cubic yard
- Passed skid resistance test - SHE-75-14.9
- ANSI / NSF - Standard 61 - COMPLIANT (Product is and therefore may be used on cementitious materials that come in contact
with POTABLE WATER)
replaces and/or displaces the following:
- Silanes and Siloxanes- dangerous petrochemical based surface coatings which
eventually will wear off
- Linseed Oil - wears off quickly and is diluted 50% with turpentine
- Paints/epoxies which are used as surface sealers
- These do not allow concrete to breathe and eventually will cause the concrete
- Low pressure spray rate of 150 square feet (11 mil) per coat - 2 to 3 coats
- Each coat typically absorbs in under 10 minutes, dries clear
- Apply in surface temperature range between 50-90 degrees F.
- No special environmental or safely precautions
- 28 day cure process (like concrete)
- Do not apply in the rain
- Certified contractors & training available
has been successfully applied to the following:
- Concrete highway bridges and roadways
- Poured concrete slabs in loading areas
- Structural concrete walls of commercial buildings
- Concrete parking garages
- Structural concrete and masonry walls and basements
- Concrete amusement park water rides
- Concrete sidewalks and driveways
- Concrete production floors
- Concrete roofing
- Concrete elevator shafts
is a "Permanent Solution" to many of your concrete problems.
prolongs the life of concrete structures, Both new and existing.
helps with substantial dollar savings on:
personnel can help you identify how and where DensiCrete can best meet your needs by contacting
us by e-mail or at the coordinates listed below.
- We can provide you with any additional information you require on DensiCrete.
- We can identify how and where DensiCrete can best meet your needs.
- We can assist you with DensiCrete application procedures, product questions and other issues related to your particular situation.
- We can assist you in the architectural / engineers approval process to apply DensiCrete for
your particular needs.
You can contact us at:
WICKTEK INC. 1998 through 2010
DensiCrete MUST be applied as per the manufacturer's parameters and procedures. IF DensiCrete is NOT applied by the proper procedures, the Distributor and or
WICKTEK INC. (the Manufacturer) will NOT be responsible for the results and ANY Warranty whether WRITTEN, ACTUAL
or IMPLIED will be NULL and VOID.